Skills are used in the making and gathering items and tools.
Gathering is highly important, regardless of class and enables you to gather different materials to create new items for yourself and others. To gather, you must have the appropriate tool and supplies equipped.
The four gathering skills are:
- Mining - Gather Valuable Minerals - for gathering minerals to turn into metal pigs for further use. Requires a Mining Pick.
- Fishing - And Other Tall Tales - fish are a main part of cooking (and all crafting skills!) requires a Fishing Pole.
- Bug Lore - Creepy Crawlers - for "grubbing" different bugs to use in crafting. Requires a Magnifying Glass.
- Plant Lore - Are You Eating Enough? - for gathering wood/fruit/mushrooms to use for crafting. Requires a Scythe.
- Blacksmithing - Fun with Fire and Hammers! - To make (largely) warrior armour and weaponry.
- Cooking - Potion Making and Mead Tasting! - Useful for making potions and food for your travels!
- Tailoring - Look Sharp for your Adventures! - Enables you to make weapons for wizard, priest and hunter classes.
- Woodcrafting - Ye Olde Yankee Workshoppe! - Enables you to make weapons for wizard, priest and hunter classes.
- Gnogmenting - The process of combining two items into one single item.
- Special Recipes - Recipes that can only be acquired through quests.